Sunday, June 1, 2014

EXCLUSIVE Musician Spotlight: Bryce Hitchcock Interview

From Nashville, Tennessee comes a very talented fifteen year old singer and actress Bryce Hitchcock. Bryce began acting at the age of six, performing in local theater productions in her hometown of Nashville, TN. Since then, she has worked in many other areas of the entertainment industry including film, TV, voice-over, commercials and as a recording artist. She enjoys playing the guitar and is writing her own original music.

We recently had the opportunity to interview Bryce on her music and if she has an other talents. Below is our interview with her.

When did you start singing?
I started singing at around 7. I joined a performance group in Franklin, TN. When I was 8, I was heard by a Sony BMG executive at one of these performances.  He hired me to sing on various projects. After that I sang for many other labels including Warner and Word.

Was it your dream to be a singer?
I actually didn't really know I could sing until I tried it.  I started acting first.

Tell us about your style of singing?
I have sang pretty much every genre of music and this has definitely influenced my music today. I tend to lean towards a folksy singer-songwriter sound with a blues/jazz twist.

Are there challenges pursuing a singing career?
Of course! It requires a lot of hard work and patience, but it’s definitely worth it.

Do your parents and friends support you?
Yes. I feel very fortunate to have the support of friends and especially my parents. They have given up a lot to help me pursue my dream of acting and singing.

Do you write your own songs?
I write the majority of my songs by myself now. I started out writing with writer/producers in Nashville and Los Angeles when I was about 10 years old. My song from my first collaboration was placed on a TV show called Debra. I first started writing because some of the content in songs were not appropriate for me to sing at such a young age.

If so, tell us what goes into writing a great song?
That's a good question but difficult to answer. A catchy melody is important, but in my opinion the lyrics truly make a song. There is no correct way to write a song and, as most writers will say, almost every writing session is different. I would say what’s really important is writing about something that matters to you.

Where was your first performance, were you excited?
My first performance was actually at a pageant. My friend had talked me into trying it out and I realized that I needed a talent for a portion of it. I decided I would sing “Maybe” from Annie even though I had never sung anywhere other than in the car before. I honestly don’t remember much about it because I was quite young at the time, but I remember it being an out of body experience. I wasn’t nervous or scared. I just naturally switched into gear and performed and it was really exhilarating.

Where have you been able to perform?
I've performed in many venues in the Nashville area, Los Angeles and San Diego including Room 5, Genghis Cohen, House of Blues, and others. I have performances scheduled in Nashville, TN on June 1st at BB Kings and Opry Mills and in London, UK on August 2nd.

Who inspires you with your singing and songwriting?
My top three inspirations at the moment are Ed Sheeran, Passenger, and Bruno Mars. All three of them have incredible songs, both lyrically and melodically, and are ridiculously talented. Listening to their music has definitely helped me to grow as a songwriter.

If you could perform anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Although it may not be very exotic or unusual, I would love to perform at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville. It is my hometown and I have seen quite a few concerts there. It would be a really surreal experience to perform in a place where I went to watch some of my favorite artists perform. Plus, it’s Music City!

Along the same line, who would you love to perform with?
I have too many to list here. Obviously the people that I mentioned as my inspirations, but I have been influenced by so many people in different ways and it would really be an honor to perform with any of them.

What are some of your goals for your Music?
I just want my music to be meaningful, relatable  and entertaining.

What do you hope to accomplish with your singing/songwriting?
I really love making music so right now I just want to keep working on my craft and continue to do it for as long as I can.

What three words best describe you and your music?
I’ll have to say unique, honest, and soulful.

Do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in singing and songwriting?
Be patient.  If you want longevity in this business you have to train and work hard.  Success definitely doesn't come overnight.

Is there anything else you want our readers to know about you, your singing/songwriting?
I don't mind revealing who I am through my music. I'm a really goofy, nerdy girl, with a strange sense of humor.  At the same time, I'm an old soul and I feel things deeply.

Do you have any other talents?
I am also an actress.  I've worked in TV, Film, Commercials and Voiceover.

It seems Bryce is on her way to having a really successful career as she can sing and act. Bryce is a wonderful singer that people should check out. Her sites are listed out below.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/lyricalmoonmusic
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BryceHitchcockOfficial
Twitter: https://twitter.com/brycehitchcock
Official Website: http://brycehitchcock.com/

1 comment: