Thursday, April 17, 2014

EXCLUSIVE Musician Spotlight: Jenna Rose Interview

From Long Island, New York comes a really talented young lady by the name of Jenna Rose whose a pop singer. Jenna gained media attention at 11 years old with her "My Jeans" Music Video, and became a viral star on Youtube, when the video received over 15 million views .Jenna recently completed her debut LP "The Wonder of You" featuring and produced by Damon Elliott ( aka Buck 22 ).Including a Music Video for a remix of " Walk On By " with the legendary Dionne Warwick & Damon Elliott . Jenna Rose is currently on tour with IM5 and other artists,her song " Forget You " has been on iHeart Radio across the country,and is now available on iTunes & Amazon .Now at 15 Jenna has a teaser clip on Youtube for " Earthquake " stay tuned for Official Music Video! For more info on Jenna Rose go to www.jennaroseofficial.com.

This fifteen year old up and coming pop singer took time recently to do a interview with us. Check out what she had to see about her music below.

When did you start singing?
I started singing at age 8, i was dancing at age 2, I was cast in High School Musical as a cheerleader and had to audition for the part, I sang a theater song and found out I had  voice and got the part.

Was it your dream to be a singer?
It was my dream to be on Broadway, I was in over 30 off broadway and community theater productions.

Tell us about your style of singing?
I auditioned for a revival of the movie Cheetah Girls and needed a pop song, I never sang a pop song before that, I loved Miley Cyrus in Hannah Montana and decided to sing The Climb, which was very inspirational to me. I was 10 years old

Are there challenges pursuing a singing career?
There are many challenges , There are so many talented teens out there, that you have to keep upping your game and be unique in some aspect. I have had lots of obstacles, I took a lot of bullying with my music video My Jeans and was later professionally hacked when I received my twitter verification check, the hackers deleted 130 music videos including My Jeans which garnered over 16 million hits,

Does your parents and friends support you?
My parents are 100 percent behind me and mean the world to me. I have overcome so much because of
their love and devotion. My friends are there as friends, but don't really get involved with my music career,

Do you write your own songs?
I just recently started writing a song for the first time, I have been a little shy about that, but I feel passionate about what I sing now and I'm older.

If so, tell us what goes into writing a great song?
I'm not sure what makes a great song, I guess just writing with feeling and whats going on in your life,

Where was your first performance, were you excited?
My first singing performance other than theater, was when I won the Kidz Bop Contest at age 10, and sang at Madison Square Garden in front of 19000 people. I sang Whitney Houston's The Greatest Love of All

Where have you been able to perform?
I have performed at The Hollywood Youth Awards in LA, The Whisky a Go Go in LA, The Southpointe Hotel in Las Vegas, The Grammercy in New York, Philadelphia, Mid Eastern Club Boston, Amphitheater Long Island. Westbury Music Fair, LI, Dix Hills Performing Arts Center, LI and MSG, Radio City Music Hall and more.

Who inspires you with your singing and songwriting?
So many artists, Adele, Katie Perry, Emblem 3 , Fifth Harmony, Midnight Red, IM5 band. Selena Gomez, Christina Aguilera and Lorde

If you could perform anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Love performing in LA and would love to go back there.

Along the same line, who would you love to perform with?
Selena, Justin, Midnight Red , Emblem3, Fifth Harmony and Lorde.

What are some of your goals for your Music?
To make people happy with my music and to get signed by a label

What do you hope to accomplish with your singing/songwriting?
To live my dream of performing on stage with the artists I love, or just being successful in the music industry in a positive way,

What three words best describe you and your music?
FUN-INSPIRING-DEDICATED

Do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in singing and songwriting?
Sing with passion, perform where you can and write with feeling

Is there anything else you want our readers to know about you, your singing/songwriting?
They can follow me on twitter jennarose3xo, i follow everyone back, and instagram jennarose3xo , my you tube channel is srvmoe and my website is jennaroseofficial.com

Do you have any other talents? I can memorize very quickly which works positively because i can learn a song in an instant.

Shows Coming Up- REALITY DANCE TOUR- WELLS FARGO ARENA - APRIL 19, TRUMP PLAZA ATLANTIC CITY MAY 16,-TALAHASSEE, FL -JULY 26.

This fifteen year old Jenna Rose is beautiful talented singer who has a really bright future ahead.

Check out some of Jenna's singing below:

No comments:

Post a Comment